David Levens is a successful chess coach and experienced player.
Accredited by the English Chess Federation, and an experienced player, once ranked in the top 50 players in Britain, now an England Junior selector!
I am also Head Coach to Notts. Primary Schools Chess Association, who were NATIONAL CHAMPIONS in 2009 and 2010, and also England coach and manager for Glorney and Faber Cup U-18 teams, plus U14 and U12 teams, Glamorgan 2010.
- An England Junior selector
- Author of Basic Chess (Hamlyn)
- A competitor for the British Championship on 3 separate occasions: Leicester 1959, Bath 1963 and Whitby 1964
- Middlesex Minor Champion 1961
- Finalist in Battle of Britain tournament
- Competitor in Hastings Challengers in 1966
- Winner St. Georges Prize for Best Game played in Midlands in 1970
- Best Game prize winner for Notts. Chess Association in 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2005
- Equal first in Notts. County Championship in 2002 and 2007
- David coaches at Nottingham Junior Boys High School, coached by David, are the most consistently successful chess-playing school in the country.
- England Manager and coach in 2010 for Glorney and Faber Cup teams (under 18s) plus England under 14s and England under 12s